Telemedicine: The Future of Cost-Effective, Convenient Care
Children going to college, going to friends and family members, taking a vacation, traveling for business .. there are numerous times where it is not practical or impossible to get in touch with your primary care physician if you really feel ill. That is the time when you assume there need to be a better way. Telemedicine is a more convenient, extra affordable method to access the care you need … when as well as where you need it. It does not replace your primary care physician but rather enhances it … giving you access to healthcare on your terms.
How does Telemedicine work?
Telemedical systems like TelaDoc – the nation’s largest provider of Telemedical services – use the web, extremely secure electronic health record [EHR] systems, and also state licensed, board-certified United States physicians to resolve your medical needs – anytime, anywhere, 24/7, 365 days a year to manage your non-emergency healthcare needs. A TelaDoc physician is always a phone call or click away.
When you join a telemedical system like TelaDoc, you or your primary care physician will fill in your medical history disclosure form [it takes around 15 minutes to total] This form then ends up being a part of your electronic health record [EHR] Whenever you call TelaDoc, visit a medical facility, or your primary care physician, you can access these and also upgrade these secure medical records to keep a precise record of your prescriptions and healthcare history.
Below is exactly how you use a telemedical provider like TelaDoc:
- When you have a medical issue, simply go to your account to request a consult. You will be requested a contact number where the doctor can reach you.
- A board-certified physician who is licensed in your state receives your request as well as evaluates your personal EHR. The doctor then calls you back anywhere you are, in many cases within an hour. * The doctor will constantly call within 3 hours guaranteed. The typical feedback time is 23 minutes.
- The doctor requires time to talk to you on the phone, hears your issues, and also asks you questions to determine the medical issue. There is no time restriction to the consult. These doctors use the strictest, nationally recognized medical requirements when consulting with you.
- Based on this appointment, the doctor recommends the appropriate therapy or treatment, or refers you to a Primary Care Physician [PCP] if essential. 91% of TelaDoc members report that the TelaDoc physician settled their medical issue.
- If the doctor has actually purchased a prescription to treat your case, it is phoned into your regional drug store. It will be waiting there for you to pick it up at your benefit.
- The doctor after that updates your EHR based upon the consult to ensure that this information is offered to you and also, if you consent, your PCP online anytime. Your personal information is maintained completely exclusive. You are the just one who can determine who is able to see your records.
- You can spend for the consult by debit or charge card or, if your payment information on file, it’s all cared for ahead of time. The cost for these assessments is normally $40 or much less, relying on your plan. Review the plan information to learn just how each telemedical system charges for its consult services
- Your contentment will be measured. At the end of every call, the doctor will ask if they have answered all your questions, as well as they will certainly subsequent with you to see if you were satisfied with the service.
With TelaDoc, 97% of its members were satisfied with their consult as well as 95% claimed they would utilize it once again.
When should you use a telemedical service like TelaDoc?
- Anytime you have a non-emergency medical issue
- If you can’t reach your primary care physician
- If it’s after doctor’s normal hours of procedure – Our kids constantly get ill during the night
- When you can not make it to the doctor’s office as a result of weather or a remote place
- If you have young kids and also you’re incapable to go to the doctor’s office
- When you’re on vacation, on a business trip, or far from home – Great for university student- especially if they have migraines, allergic reactions or other “predictable” demands
- If you need a temporary prescription refill
- If you would certainly such as support on the type of expert you should see
- If you have a health-related question you ‘d like answered
- If you ‘d such as a medical issue discussed to you or you need a second opinion
- If you’re thinking about going to the emergency area for a non-emergency medical issue
- As a higher-quality, lower-cost alternative to minute facilities and also urgent care facilities
- To maintain your health record up-to-date as well as share it with your PCP
- To get access in pandemic or nationwide emergency scenarios when there is nothing else access to treatment
When shouldn’t you use a telemedical service like TelaDoc?
- When you have a significant medical emergency
- If you are treating a complex or chronic condition
- If you are looking for long term, DEA controlled or way of life drugs
- As a substitution for your PCP
Take into consideration Telemedicine for your family Today
Telemedical systems like TelaDoc save you money & provide you 24×7 access to top quality, receptive physicians to fulfill your medical needs. With kids at college, a family that takes a trip for business or satisfaction or simply the safety and security of recognizing you can reach a qualified doctor 24×7, telemedicine is a product you have to think about.
Family Safe and Secure is committed in ordering to help families get the most for their money. We provide health plans which bundle TelaDoc with discounts for vision, dental, chiropractic, alternative health and prescription medicines to save you money every month.